Wow, isn't Spring beautiful! The temperatures rising, the days are getting longer, there's blossom in the trees and wildlife is re-emerging all around you. It really is the perfect time to get out and kick start your exercise regime.
A simple and easy way to get started and enjoy spring is to go out for a walk at your local park or green space. Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes or trainers to walk in and off you go.
- Plan a route beforehand, so you know how far you've walked, attempt to improve upon it either by distance or time taken to complete the route each time you venture out.
- Keep up a good pace, one which raises your heart rate.
- Get others involved, so your exercise becomes more social.
- Take a drink with you, preferably water, sip at regular intervals.
- Challenge yourself to march up hilly parts.
- Include other exercise 'pit-stops', performing 10-15 squats or lunges. Or use a bench or wall for step ups or press ups.
- Carry a back pack to increase your load.
- Vary the terrain from tarmac to grass to woodland paths.
- If there's some real steep hills and you're feeling ambitious bound up them a few times to really get the heart rate going.
There is so much you can do and it's free, so what's stopping you? Get out there and enjoy what this wonderful new season has to offer.